Direct Reservation Sales Agent (Work at Home)
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
Holland America Line's mission guides our business to deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests, care for our employees, remain stewards of the environment and operate in partnership with the people and organizations in the communities in which we do business. Our office is located in the beautiful city of Seattle, on the Elliott Bay waterfront just a short distance from downtown. Our Corporate Team supports a fleet of 14 modern classic ships offers more than 500 sailings a year visiting all seven continents.
As a Direct Reservations Work at Home Sales Agent with Holland America Line, you will become a resource for our guests and assist in planning the vacation of their dreams while selling a range of travel products and services. You will respond to a variety of calls from direct consumers and Travel Professionals. You will utilize your superior customer service skills to build rapport, recommend and book cruises, Land and Sea Journeys, and travel options. Providing quality customer service on all calls, you will assist direct consumers and Travel Professionals with problems that might occur on a reservation, provide post-sales support and work across departments to provide seamless resolution.
- Apply professional sales techniques in the promotion and sale of cruises and Land and Sea Journeys for direct consumers (primary) and Travel Professionals. Demonstrate sales effectiveness by securing deposits on reservations made.
- Providing superior customer service; research and answer all questions/concerns related to company product and/or specifically the customer's reservation.
- Proactively assist direct consumers or Travel Professionals with problems that might occur on a reservation; work with other departments or supervisor in an effort to resolve the problem in a courteous/timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and management thru both oral and written communication.
- Provide customers accurate information consistent with department standards, document customer information, recap itinerary and advise of correct terms and conditions
- Work independently as a work at home agent, meeting sales and performance metrics, and adherence and availability requirements. Adhere to department Quality Assurance guidelines for customer contacts and utilizes feedback to improve performance and customer experience.
- Previous sales experience required, preferably in the travel or hospitality industry.
- Self-motivated by personal performance, self-starter and quick learner.
- Comfortable providing sales thru delivering quality customer service on all calls.
- Ability to work independently from home and meet sales performance metrics, adherence and availability requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, website navigation and performance of key word searches.
- Willing to work a schedule inclusive of 3 weekday shifts of 10:30pm – 7pm PST and scheduled Saturday/Sunday shifts 8:30am – 5pm PST.
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
- Travel – Generous Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 80% with a maximum of $2000 per fiscal year
- 401(k) - Company match of 33% on employees first 6% contribution with 100% vesting after 4 years of service
- Profit Sharing Plan - Eligible after 1 year of service
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Discount on Carnival Corporation stock
- Training - In-house Discover University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for local venues, banking services and retail stores
For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.