Analyst, Deployment Analytics
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
Holland America Line's mission guides our business to deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests, care for our employees, remain stewards of the environment and operate in partnership with the people and organizations in the communities in which we do business. Our office is located in the beautiful city of Seattle, on the Elliott Bay waterfront just a short distance from downtown. Our Corporate Team supports a fleet of 14 modern classic ships offers more than 500 sailings a year visiting all seven continents.
The Planning Analyst is responsible for delivering accurate reporting and insight to provide support to the Planning Director’s for HAL and Seabourn in preparation and review of the deployment planning and Alaska Tour marketing analytics.
- Prepare and drive ongoing analysis of progress against our business goals. Identify key business metrics and levers, and track progress against them by working with various stakeholders. Respond to key indicators to achieve business objectives, such as special offers, and field/partner incentives.
- Contribute to defining the research plan and business goals/strategy for various deployment options.
- Provide regular and proactive reviews of revenue and operating costs to assist with determining the best deployment options
- Provide analysis of market opportunities, trends and competitive moves that inform our business including fleets, deployments, bed supplies by programs, and ALBD’s
- Conduct insightful analyses of the business impact of deployment alternatives and contribute to the business analysis of new opportunity areas
- Assist with updating current port cost, shore excursion, and port ratings data into MXP.
- Assist with competitive deployment reviews for both Domestic and International markets, as well as analyze market opportunities based growth trends, population bases, and profitability by region.
- Special projects as needed to support Product Marketing and/or Onboard Revenue as it relates to Deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preference to business, finance or accounting
- Intermediate Excel and Word
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Approach or other database programs desired
- Strong track record of delivering results in the face of ambiguity
- Ability to work well under pressure, good written and verbal skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible Work Schedule! –9/80 alternative workweek schedule option providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
- Travel – Generous Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 80% with a maximum of $2000 per fiscal year
- 401(k) - Company match of 33% on employees first 6% contribution with 100% vesting after 4 years of service
- Profit Sharing Plan - Eligible after 1 year of service
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Discount on Carnival Corporation stock
- Training - In-house Discover University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives; special employee discounts for local venues, banking services and retail stores
For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.