Seasonal Shore Excursion Res Agent - Work at Home
We are committed to our mission: Through excellence, we create once-in-a-lifetime experiences, every time.
Holland America Line's mission guides our business to deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests, care for our employees, remain stewards of the environment and operate in partnership with the people and organizations in the communities in which we do business. Our office is located in the beautiful city of Seattle, on the Elliott Bay waterfront just a short distance from downtown. Our Corporate Team supports a fleet of 14 modern classic ships offers more than 500 sailings a year visiting all seven continents.
*This position has an approximate end date of October 31, 2017*
Responsible for answering incoming calls from guests and travel agents for shore excursion-related inquiries for Holland America Line and Seabourn as well as completing and confirming reservations. You will utilize your superior customer service skills to build rapport, recommend and confirm reservations regarding shoreside/land tours, dining and gift orders. Be a knowledgeable resource for travel agents and consumers. Provide quality customer service on all calls. Maintain department's telephone service level goals. This is a work at home position with alternating days in office.
- Apply professional sales techniques in the promotion and sale of shore and land journey tours for direct consumers (primary) and Travel Agents. Demonstrate sales effectiveness by securing pre-payment of tour.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and accurately enter bookings into reservation systems according to company standards.
- Proactively assist direct consumers or Travel Agents with problems that might occur on a shore excursion reservation; work with other departments or supervisor in an effort to resolve the problem in a courteous/timely manner.
- Provide superior customer service; research and answer all questions/concerns related to company product and/or specifically the customer's shore excursion reservation.
- Work independently on outbound call projects for Holland America, Seabourn and Princess.
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and management thru both oral and written communication.
- Communicate special needs of guests on tours to ships and hotels.
- Work a shift schedule inclusive of evenings and/or weekends.
- Must have access to high speed broadband internet for business line connection and a dedicated, quiet workspace at home.
- Must reside in Washington State, Oregon, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada Florida, and Georgia.
- Previous sales experience required, preferably in the travel or hospitality industry
- Customer contact via telephone and email in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening and communication skills (verbal and written), including strong phone presence.
- Strong sales, interpersonal and customer service skills with ability to positively interact with individuals at all levels.
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and Outlook
For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.