Company: Carnival Corporation & plc
Area of Interest: Executive Management
Job Title: Global Web Platform Technology Lead Director
We are currently seeking a Global Web Platform Technology Lead Director. The Director will Oversee a portfolio of high-profile initiatives focused on delivery and support of customer-facing cruise booking and post-booking ecommerce web applications globally. Along with product and program management leaders, the Global technology lead will drive collective success against business goals for the program overall. In particular we are looking for a person who brings expertise in designing and delivering complex enterprise level systems with knowledge of large scale Ecommerce system builds preferable. The position is focused on technology leadership and adoption, development governance and coordination of project resources for multiple brand level teams and multiple vendor partners. The candidate should bring a unique blend of experience and expertise encompassing technical architecture and design combined with exceptional project/ program and people management skills. The proven ability to interact, communicate and influence at the Executive level is critical to success in this role. Finally, as a hands on technologist, the individual maintains current knowledge of the digital technology landscape and its developments, allowing him/her to take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity.
- Create and maintain the technology and delivery roadmap for a program supporting the rollout of brand level commercial web sites based on Adobe’s Marketing suite as well as other reusable global platform components.
- Ensure that the overall vision of a common platform with reusable and customizable components is delivered and maintained with respect to all technical processes, procedures, frameworks and documentation. Track and report metrics that measure same.
- Develop standard processes for system architecture, release management, application security, compliance, quality assurance, and administrative support. Ensure all processes are properly documented, accurate and adhered to by all technical teams contributing to global platform.
- Works with the brand delivery teams and takes on a “hands-on” approach to identify and suggest approaches to resolve any technical issues as they arise. Proactively suggests tools and best practices to prevent such issues.
- Coordinate brand and vendor development teams. Maintain communication channels at the project team and senior stakeholder levels that maintain alignment across brands.
- Develop effective relationships across the brand development teams and serves as a role model for encouraging knowledge-sharing across functional groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent industry experience.
- Master’s degree with a focus on software development and/or systems engineering preferred.
- 15 years of experience in Solution and Enterprise Architecture experience.
- Prior success leading and coordinating disparate teams to create and drive software development requirements..
- Operational experience including P&L management.
- Experience in managing distributed and highly matrixed teams across multiple international geographies. Proven mentoring and coaching abilities to ensure effective growth plans of members of the team.
- Ability to understand critical issues and bring appropriate resolution to cross-industry, complex issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with executive management & peers.
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Corporation & plc
A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Fathom in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. These brands, which comprise the most recognized cruise brands in North America, the United Kingdom, Germany and Italy, offer a wide range of holiday and vacation products to a customer base that is broadly varied in terms of cultures, languages and leisure-time preferences. We also own a tour company that complements our cruise operations: Holland America Princess Alaska Tours in Alaska and the Canadian Yukon. Combined, our vacation companies attract ten million guests annually.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis o sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, martial status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by local, state, federal and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla. (copy and paste link into your browser).