Summer Internship Program - Entertainment
Santa Clarita, California
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Princess Cruises – We are currently searching for highly motivated Graduate, MBAs and Undergraduate students to join dynamic Entertainment Department. Selected interns will work on departmental projects as well as participate in professional development and enrichment activities.
In a city with enviable quality of life balance, our corporate offices are located in beautiful Southern California in downtown Santa Clarita. Santa Clarita is what CNN Money Magazine calls “one of the best places to live in California.” With award-winning schools, special events and a large arts and cultural scene, Santa Clarita is the third largest city in Los Angeles County and is ranked as one of the safest cities in not only California, but in the nation.
We welcome your interest in joining Princess Cruises – one of the world’s premier cruise lines with 18 ships sailing to hundreds of worldwide destinations – and enjoying all the benefits and perks we have to offer.
- The program runs 10 weeks from June 10th - August 16th OR June 17th - August 23th (Please note, END dates can be extended depending on department needs and students availability.
- Must be currently enrolled as an under graduate (junior standing or above) or graduate student with a minimum 3.0 GPA or higher (will require transcripts) in a four year accredited College/University.
- MUST NOT be a graduating senior in the summer.
- Students under OPT and CPT status will not be considered at this time.
- Entertainment – You will participate in new projects or programs related but not limited to Sky Princess, Enchanted Princess, Family programming, OCEAN experience. You will have the opportunity to expand the entertainment experience message through enhanced Instagram postings and improve marketing communications. You will be given the opportunity to research projects; analyze and benchmark industries and programs while collecting information and providing detailed reports. This role encourages creativity by participating and contributing at innovation sessions. These projects will require solid writing, communications, networking and presentation skills. Role encourages strong collaborative skills as well as ability to work independently, and supports all areas of the entertainment experience.
- Media Production Department – This project will encompass digitizing video tapes, cataloging video tape data, typing descriptions of video footage, light video production work, and additional office work as required.
- Well organized and able to communicate effectively with colleagues and managers.
- Will be responsible to find your own lodging and must be willing to find reliable transportation to Santa Clarita. (Note: This is a suburb of Los Angeles. Public transportation is available but is limited.)
- Must be authorized to work for all employers in the US.
- Paid hourly; $18.00/hr. Undergraduate Students and $30.00/hr. Graduate Students.
- Entertainment, and Media Production
- (May include but not limited to): Business Administration, Media Production, Marketing, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Environmental Science, HR, HR Org Development, IT, Communications: Public Relations, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Finance, International Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Statistics and MBA’s.
- Advance proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access.
- Depending on type of position, other specific programs may be required.
Next Steps… Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you’re looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://princess.com/careers. Enter the job title (Summer Internship) into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.