Summer Internship Program - Legal
Santa Clarita, California
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Princess Cruises – We are currently searching for highly motivated Graduate, MBAs and Undergraduate students to join dynamic Legal Department. Selected interns will work on departmental projects as well as participate in professional development and enrichment activities.
In a city with enviable quality of life balance, our corporate offices are located in beautiful Southern California in downtown Santa Clarita. Santa Clarita is what CNN Money Magazine calls “one of the best places to live in California.” With award-winning schools, special events and a large arts and cultural scene, Santa Clarita is the third largest city in Los Angeles County and is ranked as one of the safest cities in not only California, but in the nation.
We welcome your interest in joining Princess Cruises – one of the world’s premier cruise lines with 18 ships sailing to hundreds of worldwide destinations – and enjoying all the benefits and perks we have to offer.
- The program runs 10 weeks from June 10th - August 16th OR June 17th - August 23rd (Please note, END dates can be extended depending on department needs and students availability.)
- Must be currently enrolled as an under graduate (junior standing or above) or graduate student with a minimum 3.0 GPA or higher (will require transcripts) in a four year accredited College/University.
- MUST NOT be a graduating senior in the summer.
- Students under OPT and CPT status will not be considered at this time.
- Legal (MBA student) – In this project you will experience the inner workings of HA Group, what is important to us, how to be a self-starter, and develop presentation skills. You will be assisting the privacy team with researching and documenting three important areas of global privacy laws: Research and document marketing consent requirements for key global markets (USA, Canada, Mexico, China, Japan, Singapore). Once you are assigned the research and background information is provided, you will work independently on the research, recommend a format for reporting, and do a weekly readout on progress.
- Well organized and accurate, able to multi-task – adaptability to quickly changing work gears as well as able to communicate effectively with colleagues and managers both verbally and written.
- Will be responsible to find your own lodging and must be willing to find reliable transportation to Santa Clarita. (Note: This is a suburb of Los Angeles. Public transportation is available but is limited.)
- Must be authorized to work for all employers in the US.
- Paid hourly; $18.00/hr. Undergraduate Students and $30.00/hr. Graduate Students.
- (May include but not limited to): Business Law, Law, Project Management, HR, HR Org Development, Computer Science, and Communications: Public Relations, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Finance, International Business, and MBA’s.
- Undergrad Senior with a pre-law or related major
- Graduated undergrad student who is admitted to a law school in Fall 2019
- Law School first or second year
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access.
- Depending on type of position, other specific programs may be required.
Next Steps… Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you’re looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://princess.com/careers. Enter the job title (Summer Internship) into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.