Summer Internship Program - IT
Santa Clarita, California
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Princess Cruises – We are currently searching for a highly motivated Graduate, MBAs and Undergraduate students to join our dynamic IT and Security Operations departments. The selected interns will work on departmental projects as well as participate in professional development and enrichment activities.
In a city with enviable quality of life balance, our corporate offices are located in beautiful Southern California in downtown Santa Clarita. Santa Clarita is what CNN Money Magazine calls “one of the best places to live in California.” With award-winning schools, special events and a large arts and cultural scene, Santa Clarita is the third largest city in Los Angeles County and is ranked as one of the safest cities in not only California, but in the nation.
We welcome your interest in joining Princess Cruises – one of the world’s premier cruise lines with 18 ships sailing to hundreds of worldwide destinations – and enjoying all the benefits and perks we have to offer.
- Program runs 10 weeks from June 10th - August 16th or June 17th - August 23rd. (Please note, END dates can be extended depending on department needs and students availability.)
- Must be currently enrolled as an under graduate (junior standing or above) or graduate student with a minimum 3.0 GPA or higher (will require transcripts) in a four year accredited College/University.
- MUST NOT be a graduating senior in the summer.
- Students under OPT and CPT status will not be considered at this time.
- Technical Operations Analyst (TIPAC) – In this project you will be responsible for data research, analytical and critical thinking, proposal creation, and presentation preparation skills. Tasks include: Creating refreshable SQL and Tableau reporting related to Inventory Control procedures, Propose dashboard / reporting layout, assisting with creating training and Corrective Action databases, working with SQL, Tableau, and Access databases creating auto-refresh reports, data entry, and templates. Assist with template creation, proofing forms, verifying that all audit control points have been properly included, and look at / create automatic reports within SQL, Tableau, or Access. Dashboard and/or reporting proposal.
- Information Technology Application Automation – In this project, you will be exposed to several different technologies used in Shoreside and fleet Human Resources applications. You will have an opportunity to be part of automating existing business processes to increase visibility and system support, document existing application interfaces and nominate processes for automation.
- Information Technology Application Protocols – This project will consist of researching, implementing and monitoring AppDynamics protocols. You will add extensive value to the Princess@Sea suite of applications.
- Information Technology Automation – This project will provide real time experience of working in an automation project and will teach you Java skills, oops concepts, and multithreading etc. You will be responsible for automation and testing techniques by working with our in house automation framework. You will also learn about different testing techniques like smoke, regression, stress, and integration etc. You will be working on automating web application using Java, Cucumber, TestNg, Junit, GIT etc. In addition, you work on automating Rest API’s and maintaining the automated tests, monitor daily Jenkins builds and Dashboard reports, and fix automation bugs if found.
- Information Technology Development – This project will give you an opportunity to work as a member of the team under Sr. Project Leaders guidance to learn and develop real-life application and provide production system support. The IT development team specializes in building rapid web based applications in support of the cruise industry operations at the corporate as well as onboard passenger vessels.
- Global Information Security and Compliance Services (GISCS) – This project will consist of learning security and access concepts and how they relate to compliance activities and customer expectations. Measuring of data and information to identify gaps and areas of improvements that will help in the development of data and process analysis. You will have the opportunity to develop dashboard and metrics to measure the health and service level delivery for access management tasks related to new employee onboarding and user termination. These dashboards will provide visibility on time to deliver and performance of these process to ensure that IT onboarding and termination processes are aligned with HR
- Well organized and able to communicate effectively with colleagues and managers. Will be responsible to find your own lodging and must be willing to find reliable transportation to Santa Clarita. (Note: This is a suburb of Los Angeles. Public transportation is available but is limited.)
- Must be authorized to work for all employers in the US.
- Paid hourly; $18.00/hr. Undergraduate Students and $30.00/hr. Graduate Students.
- Information Technology, Global Information Security and Compliance Services and Revenue Management.
- (May include but not limited to): Computer Science, Information Technology, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, Statistics and MBAs.
- Depending on type of position, other specific programs may be required.
Next Steps… Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you’re looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://princess.com/careers. Enter the job title (Summer Internship) into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.