Summer Internship Program - Marketing
Santa Clarita, California
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Princess Cruises – We are currently searching for highly motivated Graduate, MBAs and Undergraduate students to join dynamic Marketing and Creative Services departments. Selected interns will work on departmental projects as well as participate in professional development and enrichment activities.
In a city with enviable quality of life balance, our corporate offices are located in beautiful Southern California in downtown Santa Clarita. Santa Clarita is what CNN Money Magazine calls “one of the best places to live in California.” With award-winning schools, special events and a large arts and cultural scene, Santa Clarita is the third largest city in Los Angeles County and is ranked as one of the safest cities in not only California, but in the nation.
We welcome your interest in joining Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corporation. Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with 36,000 employees worldwide. The Internship Program will be located in our Santa Clarita office.
- The program runs 10 weeks from June 10th - August 16th OR June 17th - August 23rd (Please note, END dates can be extended depending on department needs and students availability.)
- Must be currently enrolled as an under graduate (junior standing or above) or graduate student with a minimum 3.0 GPA or higher (will require transcripts) in a four year accredited College/University.
- MUST NOT be a graduating senior in the summer.
- Students under OPT and CPT status will not be considered at this time.
- Marketing (MBA student) – You will gain experience working on a variety of projects with external agencies, internal creative team, cross-departmental groups, interdepartmental business areas on some of the most robust and reviewed pieces of content at Princess. You will learn to project manage, the importance of strong and consistent branding/look & feel, and how to balance multiple projects with various timelines and objectives. It will also immerse you in our marketing messages and strategy. Each medium carries a different business objective and at the end of the summer, you will have a better understanding of how each piece fits together in the larger Integrated Marketing puzzle. You will also:
- Audit one year’s worth of brochures, etc to identify variances and discrepancies and determine elements that should remain consistent for the brand between the mediums,
- Create a guide to be shared and utilized across the marketing teams and agencies producing print pieces.
- Analyze data and identify three areas and make recommendations on how Princess can stand out more from the rest.
- Consumer Insights & Analytics (MBA student) – In this project, you will conduct primary marketing research to support the Princess Cruises Brand with particular focus on testing imagery to be used in marketing. Questions include what images best evoke a destination or trade? What images get our customers excited to cruise and build their anticipation of visiting a destination? You will also:
- Help design, implement and summarize results through testing images for 12 major destinations (trades).
- Develop skills with different industry leading marketing research tools, including the Qualtrics survey platform and Clarabridge text analysis software.
You will also gain experience through collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop and execute other marketing research projects, including formulating hypotheses, selecting methods, designing surveys, identifying audiences, collecting data, analyzing results, and delivering insights.
- Creative Services (Undergrad) – As a graphic design intern this individual will learn about In-House Marketing and the execution there-of, and the unique opportunities and challenges in working in this environment. You will hone your graphic design skills by working on ongoing projects, assisting with project QA, preparing files for release to press vendor, creating html emails and templates, and help with the design of print and digital marketing materials as needed. Ideal candidate is a: Graphic Design major with basic understanding of graphic design and layout. Has a working knowledge of Adobe products: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver. Basic knowledge of HTML required.
- Marketing – This project will provide an opportunity to create, plan, execute, and analyze testing results, presenting a recommendation to our internal stakeholders across Marketing and Product. A key stakeholder in testing and learning through the MedallionClass initiative; which tenets of the ship experience are deal breakers, which are "nice to haves" and how we focus on the right initiatives for new to cruise. You will assist with Email strategy analysis, and Limited Time Offers. LTO’s remain an important part of driving our seasonal business, but the resources and time dedicated to activate each one is a large undertaking. You will do an assessment of how each LTO performed and which marketing elements were most vital to success, which were least.
- Well organized and able to communicate effectively with colleagues and managers.
- Will be responsible to find your own lodging and must be willing to find reliable transportation to Santa Clarita. (Note: This is a suburb of Los Angeles. Public transportation is available but is limited.)
- Must be authorized to work for all employers in the US.
- Paid hourly; $18.00/hr. Undergraduate Students and $30.00/hr. Graduate Students.
- Creative Services
- Marketing Sales & Analysis
- (May include but not limited to): Business Administration, Marketing, Graphic Design, Visual Communications, HR, HR Org Development, Communications: Public Relations, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Finance, International Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Statistics and MBA’s.
- Advance proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access and Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications a plus.
- Experience with procurement analytics, research, excellent communication skills and attention to Detail, savvy with new computer systems, ability to quickly learn new things, team player, self-motivate.
- Depending on type of position, other specific programs may be required.
Next Steps… Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you’re looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://princess.com/careers. Enter the job title (Summer Internship) into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.