Agent, Company Travel (After Hours)
Santa Clarita, California and Seattle, WashingtonWe serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Princess Cruises – We are currently searching for a highly motivated After Hours Company Travel Agents
to join the Travel Services team for a home-based position to cover duties while the office is closed.
In a city with enviable quality of life balance, our corporate offices are located in beautiful Southern California in downtown Santa Clarita. Santa Clarita is what CNN Money Magazine calls “one of the best places to live in California.” With award-winning schools, special events and a large arts and cultural scene, Santa Clarita is the third largest city in Los Angeles County and is ranked as one of the safest cities in not only California, but in the nation.
We welcome your interest in joining Princess Cruises – one of the world’s premier cruise lines with 18 ships sailing to hundreds of worldwide destinations – and enjoying all the benefits and perks we have to offer. Responsibilities
- Processes urgent air travel outside of business hours for shipboard officers, crew, guest entertainers, vendors, contractors, and shoreside employees, usually in cases where trips have been disrupted for unforeseen reasons.
- Provide excellent customer service and support for cruise guests that either have a disruption to their travel plans or require immediate assistance with flights to get from their homes to join their cruise or from the end of their cruise to get back home.
- Administers hotel and ground transportation arrangements for shipboard officers, crew and guest entertainers including creation/communication of hotel rooming lists and ground transportation manifests.
- Answers phone calls and monitors e-mails for shoreside travelers in need of urgent assistance outside of business hours (aka Corporate Travel), providing timely and accurate information.
- Finds the best combination of price, convenience, and comfort, and issues the resulting air tickets. Provides cross-function support to Company Travel team as needed, ensuring that overall department needs are met when coverage is needed.
- Follows all Company and department-specific policies and procedures during daily operations of the job.
- High School completion or equivalent certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written) with travel suppliers, port agents, crew members, employees, other departments, and management.
- This job normally requires 3 years of related experience in a travel agency, airline or wholesale travel agency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Lotus Notes/Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and think quickly.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the Sabre airline reservations system such as creation of an air booking, ticketing, exchanges, pricing, routing and queue processing.
- Flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends.
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time *please note that holiday coverage is alternated within the department and you may be required to work on Christmas, New Years, or another holiday
- Travel - Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include onsite biometric screenings, onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to 75% with a maximum of $2000 per year
- 401(k) - Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
- Training - In-house Princess University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives and free parking; special employee discounts for child care, banking services and retail stores
Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you’re looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://princess.com/careers
. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.