Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage
Denali National Park, AK
Service Excellence. Performance. Integrity. Teamwork. Consistency. Innovation.
Princess Cruises and Holland America Line offer a wide-variety of spectacular land and sea experiences. Our team supports a combined fleet of ships sailing to Alaska each summer, lodges and hotels, luxury motor coaches and the largest domed rail cars in the world. Our guests experience both luxury and adventure that is truly unmatched.
- Supervises food and beverage staff and the activities of the food and beverage services.
- Applies knowledge of customer service, food and beverage services, Company products, policies and procedures, to meet customer service standards and achieve sales and performance goals.
- Monitors and tracks sales; recommends strategies to increase sales; implements approved plans.
- Maintains accounting and inventory systems; initiates purchases within established guidelines.
- Analyzes and prepares reports and maintains records.
- Participates in Manager on Duty program.
- Responsible for the employment, supervision, performance management, discipline, and training of directly assigned personnel.
- This job normally requires a professional level of knowledge in food and beverage services equivalent to that which would be acquired through the completion of an Associate or Culinary degree. Demonstration of directly related work experience, which has provided an equivalent breadth, and depth of knowledge may be considered in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications, with working knowledge of computerized point of sales (POS) systems.
- Ability to clearly communicate, verbally and in writing, with all levels of employees, management, and customers.
- This job normally requires three or more years of progressively responsible positions in restaurant food & beverage service. Demonstrated supervisory experience in a business environment is required.
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation and paid sick time
- Travel – Generous Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include discounted health benefits and memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to 75% with a maximum of $2000 per fiscal year
- 401(k) - Less than five years of service as of January 1: the plan will match 50% of your contributions up to 6% of your eligible compensation. Five or more years of service as of January 1: the plan will match up to 100% of your contributions up to 6% of your eligible compensation
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Discount on Carnival Corporation stock
- Training - In-house Discover University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; special employee discounts for local venues, banking services and retail stores
Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
HAP Alaska Yukon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.