Public Health Specialist
Santa Clarita, California
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Holland America Group is currently searching for a highly motivated Public Health Specialist who will effectively implement, monitor, and improve HA Group’s Public Health programs and activities through organized assessment, training, and support of company operations and personnel. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Public Health.
We welcome your interest in joining HA Group - a division of Carnival Corporation. HA Group includes Princess Cruises (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney, Australia). HA Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with 36,000 employees worldwide. This position will be located in our Santa Clarita, California office.
- Facilitating the correct interpretation and application of all public health policies and procedures by consistently and completely engaging with both shipboard and shoreside personnel.
- Ensuring that shipboard personnel receive the appropriate public health safety and risk mitigation training in their respective operational areas
- Continuously anticipating and monitoring proposed and existing Company programs that have public health implications and following-up with the program partners to mitigate risks with a sense of urgency, accountability, and ownership.
- Working within assigned program specialties to identify risks, trends, and gaps and proposing effective fleetwide solutions.
- Identifying trends and/or gaps in public health perceptions and operations that merit policy and procedural reviews and/or communication to higher levels of management.
- Providing policy and procedural feedback and recommendations to a wide variety of stakeholders that are timely, well-organized, contextually appropriate, and actionable.
- Preparing operational departments for successful external public health inspections by identifying and communicating gaps during audits of shipboard and shoreside public health programs and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, environmental health, the biological sciences or a closely related field
- Certification as an environmental health specialist (or equivalent) required
- Ability to interpret and execute relevant public health information
- Clear written and oral communication
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Possess and maintain current knowledge in environmental health systems
- Master’s degree in public health or a related field
- Previous experience working in a public health agency
- Previous experience in creating public health training material
- Flexible Work Schedule! 9/80 alternative workweek schedule providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time
- Travel - Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include, onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to 75% with a maximum of $2000 per year
- 401(k) - Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
- Training - In-house Princess University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives and free parking; special employee discounts for child care, banking services and retail stores
Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you’re looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://princess.com/careers
. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.