Company: CARNIVAL CORPORATION & PLCArea of Interest: Executive ManagementLocation: MiamiState: FloridaJob Title: Port Operations Director
We are seeking a Director of Port Operations.
The Director of Port Operations is
responsible for oversight of the daily operations for transit port of calls to
be defined that are operated by the company. The company’s vision is to
continue delivering a safe work environment for all, upholding our commitments
to compliance, environmental protection, the health and safety of our guests,
crew and all employees of the port, ensuring sound financial performance and
being positive contributors to the local community.
- Lead team of subject matter experts regionally located through cruise port operations including, but not limited to budgeting and forecasting, implementing and complying with all company policies and standards, coordinating capital improvements and property improvement plans. This individual will also be working closely with ABG and brand team on newly established HES protocols and guidelines to implement at the ports both during a phased return to service and eventual full scale operations.
- Work closely on local government and community engagement ensuring the port and company are represented in the best manner and we are contributing positively to the local communities.
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies
- Ensure all ports are set up to manage weather or other events with sufficiency in both resiliency and self-dependency
- Implement and manage quality processes to include, but not limited to, communicating goals, empowering team members, managing service recovery techniques and problem resolution
- Monitor and develop team member performance, particularly general managers, department heads and managers, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, providing professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Develops and implements operating plans and facilities management to achieve company objectives and approved plans
- Continuously evaluate port operations for opportunities to improve efficiencies, cost measures, compliance and growth of revenue
- Establishes and maintains a consistent level of operations and professionalism across all cruise ports as determined with company leadership.
- Liaise with other departments and brands within organization such as finance, legal, purchasing, health policy, nautical operations and tax to ensure compliance to company and brand metrics are followed
- Hotel Management Degree/Certification and College Degree Preferred
- Considerable knowledge of complex land based hotel/resort operations and lest 5+ years in leadership roles in multi-use property management. Cruise background is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with fellow team members
- Develops effective working relationship with fellow team members, managers, outside representatives and agencies
- Ability to know how to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers is essential especially when challenged with individuals who are unhappy or aggressive
- Ability to establish and follow through with annual operating plan for each port
- US Resident/Citizenship Required and ability to travel extensively in and out of the United States
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
- Fluency in various business and software applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Corporation & plc
A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
Employee Stock Purchase plan
Paid vacation and sick time
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus
Carnival Corporation & plc is a global cruise company and one of the largest vacation companies in the world. Our portfolio of leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises, and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in Southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal and/or international law.
To view a copy of Carnival's FMLA, EEO and EPPA posters please visit: (copy and paste link into your browser).