Company: Carnival Cruise LineArea of Interest: Operations ManagementLocation: MiamiState: FloridaJob Title: Director, Youth Experience
Lead overall development and management of Carnival Cruise Line's youth and teen programs to ensure Carnival maintains its reputation as “the family cruise line”. Develop, maintain and oversee brand management, programming, product development, revenue and operations. Uphold existing programming excellence and develop industry-leading ideas regarding programming, physical space and operations for Camp Ocean, Circle "C" and Club O2. Drive operational excellence for the 800k plus kids that sails with Carnival annually. Sustain existing program and marketing partnerships with outside companies, and develop new partnerships that align with Carnival’s brand.
- Lead the team to recruit, train, develop and manage 430+ onboard staff on 26 ships serving 800k+ guests per year for Camp Ocean, Circle C and Club 02. Oversee all elements of the onboard program, including but not limited to, programming operations to interest all ages (sports, arts, music, general play), USPH standards, HESS standards, caring children with disabilities, ADA requirements etc.
- Develop strategies for programming marketing that will be leveraged by Carnival’s marketing and sales departments. Maintain current marketing partnerships, such as Dr. Seuss and Build a Bear, and develop new ideas and partnerships to ensure the program remains relevant and to enhance the overall marketing outreach capabilities.
- Lead product development effort for refits and new builds, including vision setting, physical space development, management buy-in, budget approval, vendor selection/negotiation, project management, operational modifications and roll out.
- Oversee re-fit and new development of the youth and teen spaces, owning the financial management of youth capital budget and operating budget including bottoms up budget building, approving purchases and modifying launch plans based on changing dry docks and budget restrictions.
- Develop a plan to increase GCD revenue streams annually with Build a Bear and Babysitting, drive new revenue streams through new partnerships and ideas. Minimize costs to deliver greater profitability year over year for the department.
- Lead development of shipboard and shoreside teams through communication, training, feedback, performance evaluations, promotional tracks. Set and prioritize strategic initiatives and goals for a team of four managers and one coordinator to ensure departmental objectives are met and workload is optimized.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Management, Education, Business
- CPR, American Red Cross water safety instructor
- 15+ year of experience in youth programs both in working with youth directly and leading programs. Knowledge of American Camp Association standards or equivalent.
- Team leadership
- New product ideation & product development
- Brand strategy & product positioning
- Consumer insight development, market research & qualitative moderation
- Integrated marketing campaign development
- Corporate strategy
- New business model identification & development
- Partnership identification, negotiation, management
- Agency creative direction & relationship management
- Cross-departmental team leadership & project management
- Financial management
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Cruise Line
A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
Paid vacation and sick time.
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla (copy and paste link into your browser)