|Company:||Carnival Cruise Line;|
|Area of Interest: ||Human Resources|
|Job Title:||Manager, Learning & Development|
Companies don’t drive results. People do. And highly trained people drive greater results. But you already know this! It’s because of your passion for empowering the people that drive results that you have honed your Learning and Development program management skills for the past 7+ years.
You have partnered with internal stakeholders and businesses to discover their unique learning needs. To validate the needs and to help you develop best in class curriculums, you’ve deployed competency maps, assessments and professional development models. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to design, develop and deliver the eLearning tools and programs needed to meet these needs. In addition, you are well versed in establishing and developing the metrics and KPIs framework needed to create internal visibility and for your team’s continuous improvements. You will have 2-3 direct reports that you will lead by example and always with an eye towards their own professional development.
If this sounds like you we should really talk! Right now! We need you!
We are currently seeking a Learning & Development Manager. The Manager, Learning and Development will be responsible for managing the activities involved in the design, preparation, delivery and needs assessment of training and development programs for CCL managers and employees delivered by the LRC (Learning Resource Center). Develops and/or approves content, methods, and materials for training staff and may conduct courses. Partner with the HR COEs and business leaders to consult, develop and deliver relevant learning solutions while managing the operations and logistics for designated programs and curriculum. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Manage and lead the design, development, assessment and deployment of competency based learning in support of the business and employee development needs.
- Oversee various programs including professional development, specialized development, management development and employee orientation programs.
- Manage multiple work streams across a team of instructional designers, content developers, contractors and vendors.
- Conduct needs assessments and gap analysis to identify development requirements within constituency in partnership with the business and/or HRBP.
- Evaluate participant and course performance and adjust programs as appropriate, continuously analyzing and evaluating current learning strategies.
- Identify necessary metrics to measure value of training deliverables.
- Facilitate training classes and deliver learning via multiple vehicles (instructor led training, discussion facilitation, blended learning, elearning, etc.).
- Analyze information on training research, new materials, methods and techniques, and makes recommendations for their use.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Instructional Design or Business. MBA/MS in related fields preferred.
- 7+ years of learning and development experience and project management experience in a corporate environment
- 5+ years in HR field/training
- 3-5 years management experience
- 3-4 years experience designing and delivering management training programs
- 3-4 years experience conducting needs assessments in business organizations
- 3-4 years experience developing training programs for business
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills.
- Experience in a corporate, professional environment required
- Excellent understanding of training principles, adult learning theories, organizational development, instructional design, eLearning and program management
- Superb communication, both written and oral, and ability to communicate with and present to senior management
- Well versed in project management, conflict management and presentation creation
- Broad experience/knowledge of best practices with significant experience involving the design and development of first time programs
- Excellent project management, planning and analytical skills, ability to influence through data-driven recommendations
- Effective listening skills and the ability to work with employees at all levels and across different functions
- Ability to develop creative solutions that address relevant business needs and support the culture and environment
- A strong customer focus and ability to effectively and quickly build relationships, establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Cruise Line
A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.