Company: Carnival Cruise LineArea of Interest: Information TechnologyLocation: MiamiState: FloridaJob Title: Global Casino Applications Manager
We are currently seeking a Global Casino Applications Manager. Under general direction, the Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and technology road map that supports Carnival’s Casino department. The Manager plays a key leadership role in defining, overseeing and developing overall future technology and architecture strategy for Casino technology. The Manager will build partnerships with strategic vendors in the Casino sector and work across multiple cruise brands to maintain consistency across the corporation. The Manager will oversee application development, system architecture, security, quality as well as ongoing support and direct a team of professional IT technical supervisors, project managers, business analysts and developers responsible for the design, development, integration, implementation of enhancements to existing systems, new systems as well as support.
- Effective alignment to Casino business demands and technology roadmap, ensuring active collaboration with the business units
- Financial management of all budgets pertaining to the production and support of all solutions focusing on optimizing Carnival’s investments
- Communication and liaison with the Casino business partners to ensure efficient delivery of milestones with high quality
- Coordinate with IT resources across all Carnival Corporation cruise brands
- Identification and pursuit of sound and leading edge technical solutions that allow competitive advantages for Carnival and maintain compliance and security requirements
- Development of SOWs for services, analysis of SOW responses, negotiation of terms, and ongoing liaison with suppliers of services
- Hiring and supervision of consultants (onsite, near shore and off shore) and staff to undertake research and development services and technical support
- Responsible for a large group of Technical Staff, Scrum Masters/Project Managers, Supervisors, Business Analysts and Quality Control personnel
- Management of the administration of all services provided to the Casino business, including processes for the efficient tracking and reporting of services to the business, payments to vendors, budget estimation, tracking and reconciliation
- Adhere to the CCL System Development Methodology and Project Management processes and procedures
- Interfaces with all Casino business and IT areas associated with a work effort; examples include business sponsors, operations, application development, end users, computer services, client services, operations, vendors, etc.
- Interface with business and IT resources across all Carnival Corporation cruise brands
- Manage the budget and finance for projects and resources in direct report
- Manages vendor selection, contract negotiations, and vendor budget
- Manages people, work and resources as planned: examples include business analysts, application developers and testers
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solution of complex problems: examples includes resource availability conflicts that jeopardize project budget and/or schedule expectations
- Ensures proper technical procedures are followed
- Experience managing complex guest-facing casino gaming applications, including Konami Synkros and Genesis Bravo.
- Experience working in a Casino technical team or Casino related business.
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation and solutions experience.
- Possess strong interpersonal, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Proven ability to obtain cooperation and build trust internally and externally.
- Ability to build positive working relationships with third party technology vendors.
- The ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with management & peers.
- Ability to interpret Casino terminology into technical requirements
- Experience managing a technical team including interviewing, coaching and developing staff.
- Demonstrated leadership in third party and office system integrations.
- Proven track record of success in prioritizing and managing multiple projects; experience with project forecasting and resource planning in waterfall and Agile development environments
- Ability to understand and enforce IT governance policies.
- Solid understanding of hospitality systems, including Property Management Systems and Point of Sale systems.
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, of Quality Assurance techniques using source code control repositories, and n-tier debugging & testing experience is expected
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
About Carnival Cruise Line
A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock Paid vacation and sick time.
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival's guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla (copy and paste link into your browser)